I feel sorry for women having to live in a potentially-dangerous world. Our society leaves them vulnerable to sexual violence and that prospect hangs in the back of most gals' minds. So in any discussion of public interactions, we must take this into account. The post you linked to did this and that helps clarify the situation. Men, who are lucky enough to be blissfully unconcerned with danger in public space, need to learn the different world women inhabit.
When I was young, my girlfriend and I went to a concert. Going through security, she got groped. I didn't see it and when she told me about it, I almost didn't believe her. But the tears in her eyes broke my heart. I realized she lives in a different world than I do. All men need to learn this.
I feel sorry for women having to live in a potentially-dangerous world. Our society leaves them vulnerable to sexual violence and that prospect hangs in the back of most gals' minds. So in any discussion of public interactions, we must take this into account. The post you linked to did this and that helps clarify the situation. Men, who are lucky enough to be blissfully unconcerned with danger in public space, need to learn the different world women inhabit.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was young, my girlfriend and I went to a concert. Going through security, she got groped. I didn't see it and when she told me about it, I almost didn't believe her. But the tears in her eyes broke my heart. I realized she lives in a different world than I do. All men need to learn this.