Friday, August 13, 2010

Fashion Outline

After reading Eccentric Glamour…I began to think much more about my personal style. I was pondering what exactly my signature style is?

Later as  I was making a wish list for a vintage shopping trip, it dawned on me: why not make a fashion mission statement complete with an organized outline?


(When shopping vintage a large list is best. You never know exactly what you will find so a long list of “wants” can help you navigate the chaos.)

Mission statement: To blend (touches of) crazy punk/metal/hippie/goth with elegance and class. (And not look like a schizophrenic bag lady!)

Fashion Influences:
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • The B-52’s
  • Courtney Love
  • Tim Burton
  • Amanda Palmer
  • Johnny Depp
  • Natalie Portman
  • Eugene Hutz
  • Janis Joplin
  • Dita Von Teese
  • Cindy Lauper
  • Rue Paul
  • Shirley Manson
  • Isabella Rossellini
Constraints:
  • Scarves too hot for work
  • Must wear layers (temp changes at work)
  • No dresses/skirts/heels at work
  • Turtle necks make me feel claustrophobic
  • Many women’s shirts do not fit my shoulders, or arms
  • Many pants do not fit me in either the hips or waist
Signature Items:
  • Converse All-stars (low-tops)  Black, Grey, Purple, Brown, Teal/Jade
  • Stretched ears (6 gauge)
  • Glasses/ Sunglasses (no contact lenses)
  • Dark hair/pale skin (Snow White)
  • Wedge heels (black, brown, creamy white, gold floral)
  • Boots (I have oodles!)
  • Leather trench coat
  • Scarves (Too many to count)
  • Boot cut jeans
  • Tank Tops
  • Stripes
  •  Skulls
  • Stars 
Items I Want!
  • Boots:
    • 70’s tan knee high boots
    • Cowboy boots:
      •  teal, red, purple
  • Skirts:
    •  circle,
    • wrap,
    • a-line,
    •  sari print skirt (Although a 2nd would be awesome!)
  • Cardigans:
    • coral
    •  red,
    • black,
    • grey,
    • brown,
    •  mustard yellow,
    •  leopard, (color negotiable)
    • cranberry
  • Costume jewelry:
    •  necklaces,
    •  pins,
    •  asymmetrical necklace,
    •  asymmetrical pearl necklace,
    • coral; (faux only)
      • necklace
      • pin (faux)
    • skull ring
  • More plugs (earrings)
    •  wood,
    • bone,
    • stone,
    • shell,
    • antler
  • Dresses:
    • sundress
    • cocktail dress
    •  a-line
    • empire
  • Camisoles:
    • pink
    • purple
    • brown
    •  peach 
  • Hats:
    • Fedoras:
      • red,
      • black
      • grey 
    • Cloche hats:
      • brown
      • black
      • grey 
  • Dress pants:
    •  brown
    • grey
    •  pinstripe
    •  black
  • Tights:
    • grey
    • black
    •  print
    • stripes
    • subtle polka dots 
  • Chucks:
    • grey
    • red
    • black
    • skulls
    • blue
    • brown
    •  patterned
    • purple 
  • Coats:
    • the perfect trench coat
    • green parka faux fur trimmed hood
    • brown leather trench
    • red wool trench 
  • Scarves:
    • mustard yellow
    • brown
    •  grey
    •  coral
    • red
    •  purple
    •  teal
    • black
    • white 
  • Colored slips:
    • lime green
    • purple
    •  magenta
    •  purple
    •  teal

2 comments:

  1. A lot of thought has gone into your "style". Very interesting read. Thank you for sharing. I sometimes wish I could have a more "designed" personal style but my body just won't have it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a follower of fashion since I was 3 or 4. I had always wanted to be a designer, but I hate what the industry does to women’s self-esteem.

    Thanks for reading! : )

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought...let me know. : )