Awesome:
♦One of the funniest Mother's Day cards I have ever seen!
♦A Man Named Pearl Awesome documentary about a cool man and his amazing yard! (Available on Netflix) Check out pictures of his topiaries! They are unbelievable!!!!
♦Will Wheaton explains why being a nerd is awesome
"True Facts About the Tarsier" (Content warning: swearing)
Art:
http://frodesignco.com/all-work/
Beauty:
♦Oil Cleansing...it really works! (I have been using coconut oil to clean my face and my skins has greatly improved!)
♦X-ray themed nails, using temporary tattoo paper
Beauty is a Beast:
♦Model scouts approaching girls out side of an eating disorder clinic (Content warning: images of very underweight women, may be triggering to some.)
♦Photo-shop phoniness Hall of Shame Again...(Content warning: images of very underweight women, may be triggering to some.)
♦If beauty hurts...why go along with it? This excerpt was a huge eye opener for me:
The FDA report states patients [Who have gotten implants] must get MRIs every two years to screen for “silent ruptures” of the silicone implants, which don’t deflate when they tear like saline implants so you don’t know when they’re leaking. That’s an extra $2,000 biannually for women who have elected to breast enhancement! Add it all up and the original $5K to $10K procedure will now cost a 25-year-old woman at least another $35K for re-implantation and $30K for the recommended number of MRIs throughout her life!
DIY:
♦Garden art (Glass flowers)
♦All pourpose healing salve
Helpful Hints:
♦Holy cow! Jillee has 66 uses for coffee filters.
♦Tired of your boring old fridge? Wallpaper it.
♦Get rid of mold with tea tree oil
Feminism:
♦Dirty Girls; a film about some exceptionally forward thinking girls. I would have loved to be friends with these girls!
♦Gender is a lens that behavior is viewed through... I wish this wasn't true.
♦Awesomeness Cut the puppet strings ladies!
♦Boho-Perfectionism... The new Stepford Wife persona? A great read, about guilt for not being effortlesssly perfect.
♦Body issues comic This is great
Noms:
♦Make your own blooming onion?! (Good, but oh so bad!)
♦Yeast raised wafles These sound sooo good.
Think Piece:
♦Where do those affordable mass produced clothes come from? What are the working conditions like? More info on unethical brands
WTF:
♦I love cute cat pictures, but sushi cats???
Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!
Sorry for posting late, I was spending time with my Mom. I had to work on Sunday! Boo!

The baby experiment--just wow!
ReplyDeleteI'd be interested to hear more on your method for the oil cleansing process--I tried it a couple of times with less than stellar results, so I'd be interested what the differences in method were.
Yeah, the gender stereo types really bum me out.
DeleteFor the oil cleansing:
I spread coconut oil over my face and leave it on while I brush my teeth. Then using a warm wet washcloth wipe the excess off.
I have also started to use a small dab of tea tree oil on blemish areas. (Tea tree oil has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties.)
I have read that some people have reactions to coconut oil. I did read somewhere that some folks with acne have had problems with it.
I recommend doing a test to see if there is an allergic reaction, before using it on the whole face.
Wow, big post today! The boho perfectionism article is great.
ReplyDeleteI found a lot of interesting stuff. :)
DeleteThanks for the details! I had been using an olive oil/castor oil combo recommended by some beauty blog somewhere, and it was too drying--crazy! The trick seems to be finding the right oil.
ReplyDeleteGlad to help. : )
Delete