Art:
♦An artist collaborates with her young daughter on some awesome illustrations. I love the whimsical and surreal quality to them.
♦Amelie is being made into a musical...? I am not sure how I feel about this. It is easy for them to screw this up.
♦High-speed photography of exploding flowers. So beautiful!
♦A fantastic Tumblr dedicated to the fine details in classic paintings. The best part is that it is curated by a 14 year old girl! [Content warning: NSFW nudity]
Awesome random bits:
♦Men with Fancy Up-do's I think Rasputin would rock the Brigitte Bardot look!
♦Weird Al and The Lonely Island together = awesome! Did anyone know that Weird Al writes children's books? I didn't, but they sound really cool.
48 Things you didn't know had names. Pretty damned interesting.
DIY:
♦Make a fabric bracelet Good for those with metal allergies like moi.
Lol:
♦Save the frogs...or else! A funny/effective frog conservation ad.
WFT:
♦Nature is super weird! How else can you explain a spider that makes a picket fence around it's eggs?
♦A sign company made decals of a bound and gagged woman. This is absoulutly disgusting.
\
I will be resuming my Monday posts. As for other posts...we shall see. Enjoy your week!

I loved the "Amelie" movie and am fearful of what they might do to it. *fingers crossed*
ReplyDeleteI saw that truck-decal story last week. Really terrible.
Hopefully they keep that same sense of playfulness, and fairytale imagery for Amelie.
DeleteLove the men's hairstyles--I think Hippie Wedding is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteThe artist collaboration reminds me of the drawings where you fold the paper in half and one person does the face, and the other does the body without seeing the face.
I remember those! I loved doing these drawing. They were so fun.
Delete