Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday 11-10-14


We just had our first real* snow fall, so I thought this cute pup was perfect. *For those who live in warmer climates: Snow that stays and doesn't melt immediately.


Awesome:
An interview with the amazing seamstress for American Horror Story
America's First Cat Cafe.  The best part is that they have adoptable shelter cats available!
I love AbFab!
Sparkling water is the best.
Amazing miniature library

Cuteness:
Kitten cuteness overload  Purritos!!!
Shedd Aquarium took in a rescue sea otter pup! She is so dang cute!!!

Creepy:
20 unique hearses

Health:
Receipts are gross! I wonder what impact the thermal paper has on the health of cashiers at stores. They handle that crap all day long. (I speak from experience.)

LBGT:
Bad-ass woman firefighter! I am glad to hear that her fellow firefighters were so supportive during her transition. :)

Quiz:
Modern art...or garbage? I didn't do very well on the quiz :P

WTF:
Starbucks new dress codes; Tattoos acceptable, Wedding Rings nope.
I can understand not allowing rings for sanitary reasons...although I don't really think of Starbucks as a food producing entity. I am guessing most of their food items come in pre-made, and frozen. I really doubt they have someone mixing up cookie dough in the back.

I work in manufacturing and wearing rings is dangerous. I wear mine on a necklace so I can have it with me.

**For the record I am a tattoo fan, IF they are tasteful. I have a bunch myself, but wouldn't want to buy food from someone who had derogatory or grotesque (faux skin rips, blood gore etc.) tattoos visible.

Have a great week, stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Good links. Do you ever wonder if people who get neck/face tattoos realize how it will impair their future?

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought...let me know. : )