Apparently someone was mad at me for the time out. They managed to get to my lunch bag, root around in it and find a pack of gum. Sugar-free gum mind you.
Information about sugar free gum, and its toxicity to dogs.
Xylitol poisoning symptoms
[Our dogs are around 30lbs, and there were about 3-6 pieces of gum in the pack.]
I call out vet and was told to induce vomiting.
I will spare you the details, but it was not pretty. Cici was the culprit, so poor Bud had to vomit for no reason. I had to treat both, as I didn’t know who ate the gum.
I have to keep any eye on her for the next two day, just to make sure it didn’t sit in her belly too long. (I believe that I found out about 5 min. after it happened. )
So I ask all pet parents out there to be careful. I hope you never have to go through this!
If it happens to you call you vet immediately!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a thought...let me know. : )