Monday, May 7, 2012

Mash-up Monday


Art/Culture:
Broccoli House! (We all know that I had some weird ideas as a kid, but I also thought that broccoli plants were baby trees.)
Crazy mash-up of old Better Homes and Gardens magazine photos, and men's magazine photos.(SpaceMan Steve, I thought of you when I found these!)
♦AMAZING art deco cakes!!!
Details of the intricate process of making up Persian bride.

DIY:
♦Mod Podge your bike!
♦Add some Zen...with mandala- rocks.

Feminism:
♦Breif history of hair removal, and a discussion on its impact. 

Fun:
“Disapproving Social Network Guy" Comic
♦Have dessert for breakfast!
Pintester tries out things from Pinterest...and makes a mess of things...in a fun way. Her test of strawberries and cream mug cake had me in tears laughing! (Caution, she swears a bit.)
♦More Pintester: the "cat anus bag"
♦I ♥ Calaveras. This site sells really cool ones for cake toppers.

Mental Health/Recovery:
♦Self-image and breast size. One girls experience.
♦How to enjoy eating again.
♦A young woman's account of being stalked.(Get help, don’t keep it to yourself!)
Gala Darling wrote an extensive piece about cutting and self harm. She talks about her battle with cutting, and proves that you can make it out of the darkness. (Please read with caution, this may trigger some folks.)
Gala gave a TED talk!!!!!
♥♥♥♥She is amazing!♥♥♥♥


Noms:
♦Super drool! Sweet Lime Tartlets. I HAVE to make these!!!
Chocolate cookies...nom nom nom!!!

WTF:
♦Mt. Dew Doritos cupcakes. Ewww!
♦Creepy cakes.

1 comment:

  1. I do love the Better Homes and Gardens/adventure mashups!

    It's odd that one of the main themes of the adventure stories seems to be "woman in cocktail dress gets mauled by jungle animal." I guess parties held at the zoo were a big thing back in the day.

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought...let me know. : )