Monday, June 4, 2012

Merveilleux Monday

Merveilleux:
(French) adj. marvelous, wonderful

Awesome:
The Post Office is honoring service dogs!
♦Super cute blank cards. (This one is my favorite!)
93 year old yoga instructor!!! She is amazing!
♦Hair do's from the 80's. (Pretty damn funny!)

DIY:
♦Make an animal print sweater.
Better photography tips. (She is talking about cookies, but it would work for many small objects.)
♦Can't afford to buy stretched canvas? Make a cardboard one!

Feminism:




Reading this comic (The Devil’s Panties) lead me to this article:

Large retailers putting condoms in locked cases. I wonder how this is impacting young buyers?
Gender pricing...grrrrr how irritating.
Nepalese women over-come cultural taboos to find jobs. (Not something I could do, I don’t like touching feet. Icky!)
Freaky Beauty Contraptions

*Trigger Warning for Sexual assault and abuse survivors*
More information at: Project Unbreakable

Mental Health/Recovery:
Medicinal Marzipan gives advice on how to combat weight/size stigma.
♦I ♥ this post: Explaining victim blaming.
♦Can we stop using "anorexic" and "thin" interchangeably?
♦Nine dangerous things you learned in school.
♦Need some inspiration. Click here...    : )
♦"When you veer off (your life) course..."

Noms:
♦Can't wait for fall to try this soup! Vidalia onion & Wild rice soup.
 Key-lime frozen yogurt. YUM!
♦Chai Coffee cake.

WTF:
♦Truly bizarre book: Grandpa Won't Wake Up.
♦Horrible "Tinkerbell" cakes.
♦Rita Hayworth, had to have her skin bleached? This is sad. (Her story is at the bottom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought...let me know. : )