Monday, October 14, 2013

Black Animals Are The Best: MOnday



Black cats are the best!  I ♥ my sweet Frankie.


Advocacy:
Black dog syndrome: black dogs are often overlooked and have higher rates of euthanasia. More info: Black Pearls, Start Seeing Black Dogs
♦Cats have the same issue, so here are 13 reasons to adopt a black cat. Black cats are one of my favorites, I would have a heard of them if I had the room and $$$.
Keep your body comments to yourself! Dissecting the terrible things said to Fiona Apple at a recent concert.

Art:
Amazing satellite photos They look unreal!

Awesome:
Catster has a list of cat themed time wasters. Examples: a cat kaleidoscope,  cats snowflakes...
The most bad-ass cowboy ever. Hands down! [Trigger warning: homophobic slurs]

Beauty:
Nic Cage eye shadow....even weirder that it sounds! They also have an eye shadow set called Badger Mushroom Snake If you are unfamiliar here is the  Badger mushroom meme (Sound is on auto-play)

DIY:
Glamorous floral headband I recently found this blog, and I love it. She has great style, and her photos are gorgeous! She is all about over the top glamour.
Balm to protect sensitive ears. This is great if you have metal allergies, or just can't wear cheap earrings.
Drink can butterflies, would be cool as bats, or flowers. Oh hey, here is a how too for the flowers!

Fashion:
♦Another fashion gem: Style Crone. This gorgeous little pixie has wild and fun style. The best part is her extensive and amazing hat collection.

Feminism:
Indigenous womens' thoughts on how American men react to bear breasts. This is spot on!

Halloween:
30 gross Halloween treats [A note of caution, some of these are REALLY gross looking. You have been warned!]
Cool spooky weather-vane
Bloody broken glass cupcakes

Lol:
Fact: corgis have laser-eyes*
If you need a laugh...this cat will help


Noms:
Frico grilled cheese. Smitten Kitchen is genius!
Chocolate and pumpkin truffles
Homemade gnocchi OMG! Yum!


Are you working on your Halloween costumes? I am. ;)
Have a great week!

*Not true, thankfully or we would serve our fluffy over-lords!

2 comments:

Have a thought...let me know. : )