I know that I have had a long absence. I had burned out on blogging and had created a Tumblr. I was starting to really get into it, but then began to have problems.
I had problems with spyware crashing my computer. The second time was so hard on my computer that I had to re-install my O.S.I was disappointed, and sad but decided to delete my Tumblr.
I had edited and posted hundreds of photos, (as that had been the direction by blogging had taken.) Now I will have to post them all over again.
In spite of these set backs, they are not the worst thing to happen lately.
*****
My Grandma Honey (Rasputin's grandmother, but we are close) became very ill. She had a stroke and fell in the process. She had terrible bruising on her one side. Her health continued to decline, and the she had a second stroke.
We all took turns camping out at Grams hospital room. We did not want her to be alone, as she became combative with the nurses and doctors. (I believe she was confused and disorientated.)
She deteriorated further. She was in constant pain, and her breathing became very shallow and labored. She refused an I.V.
She was in so much pain...and maxed out on morphine. We kept wishing she would let go.
After 2 weeks she passed in her sleep. Which in one part was a relief...no more pain. Unfortunately she passed on Raspi's birthday.
*****
During this time the company I work for decided to restructure in order to survive the market fluctuations. I had no idea what hours I would work, what department, or if I would keep my job.
Depending on which shift I ended up on ...I would hardly see Raspi.
*****
Considering we were both under a lot of stress...its no wonder Raspi got sick. He developed a skin infection. It kept getting worse.
After two separate trips to the doctor and two different creams...no improvement. He began to get worse. The infection was spreading and he was in more and more pain. The skin was cracking open and weeping.
They put him on a hideously strong medication. He had to have a liver test to make sure he could handle it. We were so hopeful...until he developed hives.
He had an allergic reaction to the meds. The wort part is that it was a once a week medication. It would take a week to clear his system. In the mean time...the hives...became blisters.
Raspi's doctor finally referred him to a dermatologist. His dermatology appointment took 5 minutes but gave us a correct diagnosis!
It has been two weeks since his diagnosis and he has improved so much! He may have some minor scarring (no big deal to either of us), but more importantly he is comfortable.
Sigh.
My condolences on Grandma Honey. My mother-in-law died two weeks ago after suffering for a week in a hospital, during which time she had strokes and no quality of life. So I know what you're saying.
ReplyDeleteI went away this weekend and, when I returned, there are a gazillion posts from you! Welcome back to blogging. I look forward to hearing more on your blog. (I never understood Tumblr.)
It is never easy to lose someone. Sorry for your loss.
DeleteThanks for the great welcome back. :)
It's been a tough summer for you guys. You're in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteThank you. We are hoping that we got all of the bad stuff for the year over with.
Delete