We just lost our feisty boy Merlin.
As a kitten he was raised by his older brother Murphy a German Shepard. He always thought of himself as a dog.
He was my husband's cat, but lived with my mother-in-law out on the farm.
He was surrounded by dogs including a Great Pyrenees, but he was still the boss.
Handsome prince!
In spite of his swaggering boss status he was cuddly and affectionate.
He loved it when I would pick him up and carry him around. I would show him things and let him smell them.
He would respond with his patented head-butt-of love. He would shove his head so hard up under your chin as if he was trying to melt into you.
He was also fearless and a bit wild. He policy for new things was: swat first, ask questions later.
Oddly enough he could arm wrestle. He could hold his own against a grown man! (He used both front paws, but still!) If he got a hold of something you...weren't getting it back!
He was a big cat with a big personality. We are going to miss you so much.
Rest in peace Merlin.
(I just wanted to note that he was 16 years old when he passed. He lived a nice long life full of adventures. He had been my husbands little buddy since he was young. Even though we knew this time would come it still isn't easy.)
(I just wanted to note that he was 16 years old when he passed. He lived a nice long life full of adventures. He had been my husbands little buddy since he was young. Even though we knew this time would come it still isn't easy.)
Oh, no. I'm so sorry. He looks like a champ.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Glad that our 2 other cats and 2 dogs are very healthy!
DeleteWhat a beautiful creature. You have my sympathies.
ReplyDelete