Monday, March 19, 2012

Marigold Monday

"Kids love to jump on the bed"

Activism:
♦Wow. America’s Next Top Model is in hot water for making a Native American contestant dress in a bad-stereo-type of Pocahontas. What were they thinking?

Although…the contestant seemed to find a way to make it positive in spite of all of the implied racism.


"Native Americans haven't had anybody in the celebrity industry," she said. "There have been a few native actors – Adam Beach, Irene Bedard – but there's never been a native so high up in the fashion industry who's looked at on a celebrity level. People don't want to listen to you unless you come from a place of power. There are a lot of improvements across Indian country that can be made. I want to start helping out and being a factor."
♦My how toys have changed over the years!


Beauty:
♦I am still on the fence about hair chalking....what are your thoughts?

Cuteness:
♦Cats...with...hearts...on...their...fur...!

DIY:
♦More paper flower diys! Aunt Peaches shows how to make hyacinths. Ingenious!
♦Cool patchwork pillows. (Use up some scraps.)
♦Make a flower pin.
♦20 Free printables for spring/Easter, courtesy of Mod Podge Rocks.
Feathers...made...of...duct-tape.
Felt insoles...sounds so comfy.

Noms:
♦A very interesting idea for making eggs.
♦Drool: easy raspberry meringue cookies. (Edit: egads! I forgot to add the link! Here it is!!!!)
♦Rasputin would love these...Carrot Cake Cookies


Stay positive:
♦Dealing with failure.

Mental Health/Self-Care/Recovery:
♦A great piece about recovery, body image, and society’s body ideal.


“…constantly asking myself whether my behavior is in line with my values or with my disease. And luckily the past four or five years the values have won out over the obsession.”
♦A very candid look into one woman’s life with depression, borderline personality disorder and Aspergers.
♦Good therapist? Bad shrink? How to tell.
♦Are you a chronic apologizer? (I know that I am.)

Colors:
26 ~ Gray
27 ~ Red
28 ~ Yellow
29 ~ Green
30 ~ White
31 ~ Gray
1   ~ Gold (Ironic that this is April Fool's Day!)



Special announcement:
Happy Birthday Scott!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Duct tape feathers are awesome. The hair chalking...sounds like a crazy mess, but totally something I would have loved in high school :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember we dyed our hair with permanent markers, Kool-aid…whatever we could get our hands on. Lol!

      Delete

Have a thought...let me know. : )