Monday, February 4, 2013

Mysterious Monday


Advocacy:
The true cost of $9.00 shirts...  (Please remember that when you buy, you use your money to vote for something. Choose wisely.)
Real talk about Queer folks and sex (Tip: don't ask overly personal questions, its rude)
A climate of control, rape, and violence:

  • "A woman is beaten every nine seconds in this country. Just to be clear: not nine minutes, but nine seconds. It’s the number-one cause of injury to American women"
  •  "there is a backlog of about 400,000 untested rape kits in this country—rapists who impregnate their victims have parental rights in 31 states."
  • Here in the United States, where there is a reported rape every 6.2 minutes, and one in five women will be raped in her lifetime 
 If you read the above post and are feeling really down, go here now! (This sweet little dog will make you smile.)

Art:
Art + Science + cool
Amazing ...just wow!

Awesome:
"What is Art?" Quotes form famous folks.
I am not a huge fan of V-Day, AND I like zombie movies... But I would be terrified to receive one of these as a gift!
Do you have pets, and no dates? Do not fret!

DIY:
Message in a bottle necklace
Send a slice of cake through the mail? What???
Do you have tons of plastic toys laying around? Make a cool wreath!
Make your own soot sprites! (Soot sprites are little critters from from My Neighbor Totoro, and Spirited Away.

Lol:
Wiggly Eyed- Everything Is Staring At You (My fav)
Misidentified photos from Facebook.
Only "medium terrified"
"Manly" soap (The coffee one sound great! But urinal cakes...eww!)
I think that I would need a much larger book! (Smugness alert! Ha!)
Have you heard of owl burritos?

Noms:
Lentil Meatball Sliders (Veg)
Snickerdoodle Pumpkin bread (Veg)
Homemade Funnel Cake (Dangerously bad for you, but tasty!)

Mental Health/ Self Care:
7 Realizations That Will Help you suffer less
Free Yourself From Emotional Debt: Move Beyond Pain from the Past

Modesty:
Interview with the woman behind a new online shop caters to modest dress.
"Why I wear a headscarf" A very interesting interview.
(I find modest dress, and the motivations behind it fascinating.)

“If you could send yourself from 10 years ago one sentence of advice and it would actually be delivered….what would that one sentence be?” ~ Veronica Varlow

Mine would be: Trust your intuition! What would yours be?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Mode-sty link! I love a bunch of their skirts already - just hope they're affordable once the store's up and running!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought...let me know. : )