Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Traditions

As I was giving the kitties their Christmas present…I was thinking about what traditions other people have.

I thought I would share some of mine, and maybe you could share yours!

♦Ham rolls


I made these for a family Christmas party yeas ago. Now I crave them every winter. Yum!

♦Smoked Salmon



 
♦I give the kitties a nice sized chunk as a gift.

♦I think this dates back to high school. My best friend Spaceman Steve’s family ate smoked salmon…and somehow it stuck with me.


♦Cookie Madness


I love to bake cookies. One of my favorites is chocolate filled peanut butter cups. This is sort-of like mine, except I fill them with fudge icing.

♦Grandma Honey’s Chocolate Lush

Recipe here.  I couldn't find a photo, sorry!

This recipe is very similar to my grandma’s recipe.


We literally fight over the extra pieces, well except my nephew James…he’s not a fan. ; )


♦“The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T”





I love to watch this movie! I know it is not a Christmas movie…but I watched it with my aunt every Christmas. We watched it while decorating her tree.

So what are your traditions? Care to share, leave a comment. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww :) I haven't had my Yultide salmon yet this year....

    For the past few years I have made this Hungarian-style sausage dish for dinner on the 24th: http://cookingwithelvira.blogspot.com/2008/10/sausage-and-potatoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks pretty good, will have to try it. : )

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought...let me know. : )