Monday, December 26, 2011

New Year, New Monday

Giant sleeping bunbun!


Teddy The Porcupine...says Merry Christmas.

♦Remember Oskar the blind kitten? He decided to "help" his mom set up their Christmas tree.

♦I know that it is a bit late for christmas things...but this is so cool! Hot chocolate ornaments.

♦The Bloggess...talks about "The Elf On The Shelf". She makes me laugh so hard, I can't breath.

♦Thanks (again) to the Bloggess...for finding this article: "The Gifts We Give Each Other"

♦Don't have a party hat for New Years? Here is a fun tutorial for floral party hats.

♦♦♦♦♦

“I have a problem with that [appearance based compliments] because it continues to feed into a culture that says that thin is better. One of my readers returned to work after losing a great deal of weight due to stage four cancer and a coworker said “boy, cancer looks great on you!”

It’s not just weight loss though. We compliment on clothes that are “flattering”, where flattering often has the meaning of “makes you look closer to the cultural stereotype of beauty”. I have a friend who told me that he didn’t like my outfit because it made me look bigger.”


♦A great article that discuss how complimenting people on their appearance can be harmful.

I love Dances With Fat, her blog is terrific!

♦♦♦♦♦

Many apologies for the extreme lateness of this post! I actually forgot that it was Monday. My days are so mixed around from all of the holiday commotion. Hope you enjoy the late post.

Have a Happy New year!

Colors:
2nd Ivory
3rd Scarlet
4th Topaz
5th Crimson
6th Purple
7th Blue
8th Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought...let me know. : )