Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Three Centuries

This December I turned 30.

Arg.
I have very mixed feeling about this.

I have had a lot of people say things like:

“Oh comeon…don’t make such a big deal outta it!”

“Well, if you think 30 is bad wait till your 40!”

“Its just a number.”



"Whaaat?"


While I think most are well intentioned, it is still hurtful and frustrating. I don’t like the fact that they dismiss my feelings, then tell me that I shouldn’t feel that way.

I have grown up and overcome a lot in the last ten years. Yet I still feel like I have so much to do.

I had been feeling a bit down...and I thought I would try to let it go and leave it to the universe.




We, today I got my answer: "This Is The Thing When You Hit 28 or 30."

I honestly don't think the answer could have been more clear. I don't have to be perfect...I just have to keep trying.


My Patented “Creepy over-smile”





2 comments:

  1. It's not the number of years that count, it's the life you've lived in those years. We all will learn things over our lifetimes. Joy, sadness, loss, love. But we keep on going. Look at everyday as an adventure. Some days it is hard to be positive, but there is something, no matter how small. Yay, you've lived for 30 years. Here's to 60 plus more. I think back to yours and Allison's days at Rons. If she hadn't worked there, we wouldn't know you. How sad that would be. I don't regret the things that have happened in my life. They have brought me to where I am now. Very much in love and happier than I've ever been. I love you, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have a problem with 30, personally. I felt pretty weird about 35 though. I understand what you are talking about. You don't really make those kind of feelings happen, they are just kind of there. Love.

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought...let me know. : )