How exactly do you lesson trash out put…?
Here are some how-to's:
Reduce House Hold Waste
Reducing Your Garbage
Here are a few ideas I gave a try:
1. Water bottle
I bought a Nalgene bottle to carry beverages. I chose a wide mouth one to accommodate ice cubes, or lemon wedges.
Except in purple…my favorite color.
2. No disposable plates or cutlery.
At work most people use a new paper plate and plastic cutlery for every break. I decided to bring my own silverware, and eat from reusable containers.
3. Compost!
I keep a small ice-cream pail in my kitchen. All food scraps go in the bucket till I dump them in the bin outside.*
Bonus… I will have fertilzer for the garden. Yay!
As for the garden…we all know how that turned out…
: )
As for next year’s challenges;1. Garden re-do.
I want to draw up plans for my garden next year. I want to make better use of the space. (Be more efficient.) Maybe even start a garden journal to keep my planting and harvesting notes in. 2. End the battle with the clutter
Reorganize my “closet“. *Sigh* I have been battling my dressing room for years. I need to make it more efficient! 3. End house-wide clutter epidemic:
Rearranging the furniture in the house. I know that this doesn’t sound like a big deal, but to me it is. I have to move rugs, cabinets, couches, and all of the art on the walls. Huge-huge mess during the process!
*A huge thank you goes to Spaceman Steve's family for giving me the idea. : )
Rearranging the furniture in the house. I know that this doesn’t sound like a big deal, but to me it is. I have to move rugs, cabinets, couches, and all of the art on the walls. Huge-huge mess during the process!
*A huge thank you goes to Spaceman Steve's family for giving me the idea. : )


You're quite welcome! Excellent, excellent challenges, and the garden journal is a great thought.
ReplyDelete