Monday, January 2, 2012

Megaphone Monday


Not my dog, but so cute!!!! Source


♦Craft Fail has a count-down of their 10 worst craft fails of 2011.

♦The 20 Unhappiest people you meet in the comments sections of year-end lists. This really cracked me up.

♦Have you ever wanted to see the inside of Courtney Love’s house? Well here you go!

♦How movies hype up New Years as a super magical time. (Their examples are pretty funny.)

♦Rock N' Roll bride shares inspiration ideas for blogging.

♦♦♦♦♦
"I felt like everyone had let me in on a dark secret, that I’d somehow been witness to a wide-scale acceptance of the worst of our culture and our social values, the very worst misogyny that so many buy into without even acknowledging. In suddenly remembering this basic fact -- something I know too well and is certainly not much of a secret -- I felt ashamed of everyone, of being complicit in a collective value system that prioritizes a very select group of people and their rights.

It’s been a long time since I’ve felt this way. I suppose it isn’t much different that witnessing other types of blatant cruelty and stopping to witness, to empathize, or even to intervene.


Sometimes I just forget for a while. Sometimes I allow myself to shut out realities that are just too tough to carry around every single day.

When I’m reminded, it’s that much harder to accept because I’m not actually naïve. I know many people aren’t perturbed by sexual violence. They never think about it. When they do, it’s on a screen, one they apparently don’t mind watching because it’s somehow removed from their reality."
A sexual abuse survivor’s view of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. (I agree with a lot of what she said.)

♦♦♦♦♦


"But sometimes I think the holidays are hard because we as a culture don’t want to build any narratives that involve learning how to have a good holiday on your own terms, alone or with chosen companions."

The holidays can be terrible if you don’t have a family to share it with.

♦♦♦♦♦

♦Ok...this last article is intense. It is a woman’s real life account of her recovery from anorexia. It is sad, disturbing, yet hopeful. Article here.

*Trigger warning: there are photos that may disturb some. *

♦♦♦♦♦

Now for something cheerful:

Ha ha ! My unicorn name is Pansy Charming Mane. Want to know yours? Clicky-clicky!



I hope you all had a great New Years.

Have a great week!

Color of the day:
13th ~ Silver
14th ~ Gray
15th ~ Brown
16th ~ Green
17th ~ White
18th ~ Gray
19th ~ Orange

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one uneasy with/creeped out by The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

    Signed, Daisy Jolly Reins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen all three of the Swedish movies, and while I do really like Lisbeth Salander’s character, the sexual violence in the movie really bothered me.

    I had to leave during those scenes.

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought...let me know. : )