Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Keeping Berries Fresh

My Raspberries are ripe, which is awesome. Keeping them fresh…isn’t easy.

Fresh summer berries + summer heat = mold.



Luckily I found a solution.

Take the berries out of their packaging(if they are store bought), and soak in a large bowl with 1 part vinegar, and 10 parts water. (Don’t put the fruit back in the original packaging, it can re-contaminate the berries.)

Remove the berries from the water and lay out on paper towels to dry.

Place in a clean zip-lock bag, or plastic container with lid. Keep refrigerated.

I actually use this to wash all of my produce. It works great.

~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~

Unfortunatly I couldn't find where I found this tip out...sorry! If you google vinegar berry wash....Tada!

4 comments:

  1. You know I will have to try that. Whenever I buy strawberries, I think it take like 4 hours and they already have mold on them. I may be exaggerating... a little. You have a lot of posts on here. I had to take my Ritalin just so I could focus long enough to write this comment. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and looking around. : )

      Delete

Have a thought...let me know. : )