
This is a very simple soup. I use approximate measurements…so use your best judgment. The batch I made fit in my 6 quart casserole. Filling it up about ¾ of the way.
(I call it stew because the woman who gave me the recipe called it cabbage stew. Thanks Carol!)
Basics:1 small red cabbage
1 lb of ground beef
2 carrots, or 2 handfuls of baby carrots
1 green pepper
1 small bottle (46oz) low sodium tomato or vegetable juice
Brown the ground beef
Add the juice, bring to a boil.
Then add the coarsely chopped cabbage.
Let the cabbage cook down.
When the cabbage is to the desired softeness add the rest of the vegetables.
Enjoy!
Its easy to customize, there are tons of things you could add to change it up. Easy to make it vegetarian. : )
Options:
♦Cumin
♦Paprika
♦Chili powder
♦Hot sauce
♦Cilantro
♦Onions
♦Garlic
♦Celery
♦Kidney beans
♦Stewed tomatoes
♦Dumplings
♦Potatoes
♦Soy meat instead of beef
♦Turkey or chicken instead of beef


That looks delicious! Another interesting add-in might be caraway& paprika, for a Hungarian-goulash-type twist.
ReplyDeleteOoooh, great idea!
Delete